My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Dec 21, 2008

I COULDN"T RESIST!

We were almost out the door to church(on time might I add) when I realized we needed our traditional Sunday before Christmas photo of the kids. I told everybody to stand by a tree(I have a few)and pose. I didn't think I was asking for much. All I wanted was a keepsake to remember Christmas this year. Well, let me just say that within a matter of seconds everyone had either pushed, shoved, or hit one another. I had yelled at everyone, including Steve for being too silly and making the kids so rowdy they wouldn't hold still. And, atleast half of us were in tears. However, I think the picture turned out well. It was the very first one shot, and the only one worth showing! Today I have pondered on why the things that are so important to me aren't important to anyone else. Is it really worth the hassle. It is to me. I know that years down the road if I had no pictures(proof of good times)that I would then be hated for that to. So for now, I will act on what is important to me, knowing that someday they will be grateful. Even if they weren't in the moment.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Mandi,
You are so awesome. I cant believe what you accomplish with seven. I miss you!

em said...

Its totally worth it to do what matters to you. The pictures are great!

Bohn Family said...

Mandi - your fam is so cute. I love Havens dress!!!

brunger bunch said...

Mandi, I too was so glad to talk to you. In fact, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you!! You are amazing with everything you are given to have to deal with in life...love the watches you made, once again, you are a busy girl with something new everytime I talk to you. Your blog is adorable...The kids are so cute!!! Talk to you soon!!