It was 5 years ago today that Lucas graced our family with his presence. What a sweet little babe he was. Just hours after his delivery I was able to walk down to the nursery and hold my little guy just after he was bathed. I sat in the rocking chair and just stared and pondered. A million things ran through my head. A few things particularly stood out that I had distinct impressions about. The first was that he was to be a fair complected child(maybe so fair that he would have red hair, I could only hope). The second, that he would be sensitive to many things in his environment. The third, that he would be to smart for his own good(maybe Nobel prize worthy). And fourth, that this helpless little bundle that lay in my arms, had a unique mission here to accomplish on this earth. Every little thing about Lucas is unique. This little boy has had hurdles to jump, walls to scale, and mountains to climb. He has embraced it all with never a defeat. It is truly amazing to me that one small body can contain so much power, so much greatness. Lucas has been the very best thing that could have ever happened to me, and our family. He is the one who keeps us on our toes. He is the one who keeps us active, constantly. He is the one that continually amazes us all. He is the one who makes us giggle all day long. It is him who gives us a reason to live, a reason to move forward, a reason to celebrate. Thank you Lucas, for choosing me to be your mommy.








5 comments:
He has gotten BIG! ....I love how you can express your feelings so beautifully! Happy Birthday Lucas!!!
He is so cute..time goes by so fast. I remember when mckilee was born like it was just yesterday..seriously:)
Happy Birthday Lucas! I can't believe you're five and I'm just amazed at how much you've learned and progressed! You're lucky to have such a great mom!
Anthony loved the party. and we love Lucas. He is a great friend to Anthony. Im sure he had a WONDERFUL birthday being the real Jones for the day.
Post a Comment