My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Apr 30, 2009

Heaven HELP ME!!!!!

It was inevitable that this day would come...but this soon? Really? Give me a break! This last weekend Haven climbed out of her crib during nap time. I really don't even know how she possibly could have. Her mattress is on the very lowest setting, only inches off the floor. She is not even 18 months yet, and a tiny 18 months I might add. I thought maybe it was just a fluke thing that she got out, until I heard another thump at bedtime. We took all the bumper pads and blankets out of her crib, yet she still managed to climb out. So, we had to do it! The crib came down. Well, not exactly. It actually just converts into a toddler bed. She was in her own kind of heaven. She climbed onto the bed with her blankies and her books. She sat there like she was the queen. She would climb off, and on, and off, and on. This took places for an hour or so. She was so stinkin' cute we couldn't do anything else but just sit and watch. She is doing well in her bed. When she wakes up she just pounds on her door and we know our break is over. A few other crazy attempts were made by her this weekend. The first being that she dropped the remote to the new T.V. in the toilet. The second was letting her shoes go for a swim as well. The only thing I'm left to conclude is she wants to go shopping.


Trouble is her middle name!


I'm sure you could have done without the visual, but I would hate for you to feel left out

Haven's very favorite thing to do(besides getting into trouble) is read books

Haven's best buddy Kassidy, came to play. They loved the bed, and the books.


They are so sweet! A nice end to a wild weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute with the girlies readin' on the bed! They are so much fun. I love Haven's expression in the first picture...it's like she knows she's worked the system...hahaha :)

Kelly Hill said...

Absolutely darling.

HJ was the same way, learning to climb out too early. I discovered the crib tent and had a tiny bit longer before he figured that out. What lil' turkeys!!

I love Haven's hair in the first pic. WILD.

em said...

Those pictures are adorable, and shoes in the toilet is one of those moments that you can use against her later, like for her wedding video.