I ran the Pony Express 5K this past weekend. It was probably the most fun I have had running. I ran it with a couple friends that I have been running with, which made it all the more fun. I am use to running long distances, so I conserve energy throughout my run. The 5K was completely different. I knew I could just let it all out and run because it would shortly be over. My time was 23:25. I was ecstatic. It felt so good! I loved the rush of adrenaline I felt as I pushed towards the finish. Steve got the perfect photo finish of me crossing the line with my time displayed. He is now forgiven for his past photo mishaps. I am registered for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in August. I am really looking forward to it, along with the training. I love the way running makes me feel. I love the confidence it gives me. I love that it has now become habit. I love the new friends I have been able to make because of it. Running is hard, but that is what makes it so great!
Christmas Prep
9 years ago



10 comments:
Wow! You are quite the runner! That is super fast! I wished I loved it that much!
Awesome finish line shot! Kudos to Steve :)
You did such a great job and this is just the start for what you are capable of doing on your longer races!
I'm loving having you out there to get me out of bed (not this week so much...but when I am feeling better). I felt so good after that race, too and I absolutely didn't push at all, so now I'm even more bummed that I didn't try for Hobblecreek. Oh well, I can look into Provo or find something else.
Keep it up- I can't wait to see what else this summer will produce!
Kim
and oh yeah-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, friend. We love you much.....
I will now be calling you lightning!! That is an awesome time. You are incredible and all you do:)
What strikes me the MOST about this post, and your recent life in general, is that you are one amazing woman! You set your goals and you realize them. You have been my friend for 9 years now and I'm amazed at the changes I've seen in you over the years. I know how much running means to you right now and you're doing one incredible job! You should feel NOTHING but sheer joy and accomplishment. You've worked hard for you goals and you've reached them. You inspire me to be a better person, and for that I'm grateful. Keep up the great work, friend.
Those are the things I really wanted you to know. ; )
Well i feel stupid- I talked to you twice yesterday and didnt say Happy Birthday, and its even writen on my calandar.. Im sad I missed the 5k with you guys but we did go to the ward camp out and my boys had fun. Way to go on that time!!! now the training starts for the 1/2.. oh yea.. did I tell you im planning on doing SL 1/2 with kris.. its the goal for now. She wants to do the Boston full, and im the only one crazy enough to say Ill do it in a couple years :)
Kelly and I decided we need another girls night movie night:)
yup - we did decide that. what do you think??!?
You are my inspiration for running this race, I'm so glad that you were there with me. It just seems right, we started this whole exercise thing together, and we're still there for each other. You are awesome, there really isn't anything you can't do. Love ya!
Post a Comment