Special delivery for Mandi!!!
For those of you who may remember, I posted a pay it forward on my blog some time ago. I have yet to make good on my offering, but I was the recipient of something spectacularly festive from my creative, darling, can do it gal, too far away friend, Candice. She lives about an hour away so we don't get together near as much as we wish. I haven't seen her house in years so I made the trip out her way. It was a fabulous day. I saw nearly every square inch of her house and marvelled in all of it. Our baby girls played together while we chatted it up. We devoured the most delicious salad at the cutest little restaurant. It was the kind of day I love. It was the kind of day I long for, but seldom get. It was the kind of day that gets me through to the next. Thank you Candice for the lovely little pumpkins. Thank you for making me feel so at home while at your home. Thank you for inspiring me to do better and be better. I remember when I was just a youngin' moving into our first rental home, you helped me scope the place out and spent days helping me paint the entire thing. You taught me how to make it a home as you graced it with the few things I had. You instilled a love and a desire deep inside me that allows me to do what I do today. Thank you for the punkins, I love them. Thank You for the many gifts you have given me over the many years. But most of all, thank you for the gift that I carry with me always.
For those of you who may remember, I posted a pay it forward on my blog some time ago. I have yet to make good on my offering, but I was the recipient of something spectacularly festive from my creative, darling, can do it gal, too far away friend, Candice. She lives about an hour away so we don't get together near as much as we wish. I haven't seen her house in years so I made the trip out her way. It was a fabulous day. I saw nearly every square inch of her house and marvelled in all of it. Our baby girls played together while we chatted it up. We devoured the most delicious salad at the cutest little restaurant. It was the kind of day I love. It was the kind of day I long for, but seldom get. It was the kind of day that gets me through to the next. Thank you Candice for the lovely little pumpkins. Thank you for making me feel so at home while at your home. Thank you for inspiring me to do better and be better. I remember when I was just a youngin' moving into our first rental home, you helped me scope the place out and spent days helping me paint the entire thing. You taught me how to make it a home as you graced it with the few things I had. You instilled a love and a desire deep inside me that allows me to do what I do today. Thank you for the punkins, I love them. Thank You for the many gifts you have given me over the many years. But most of all, thank you for the gift that I carry with me always.
Ava and Havie Raye
Candice seriously rocked this fireplace herself! She really can do anything! She did the mailbox over the weekend. I'm tellin' ya, she is AMAZING!!!





2 comments:
How fun! I love spending the day with a good friend. I don't do it nearly as often as I should.
The pumpkins are darling and that fireplace is amazing.
I can't believe how big Haven is getting. I know it hasn't been that long since I've seen her but for some reason she looks like a big girl to me. Cute cute!
Oh my...you are way too sweet:) I have to admit I got a little teary eyed reading about your first house. I have great memories of helping you paint it. You are a great friend to me, and I am very lucky to know you! We really must make it a point to get together more often. Thanks for being my friend! luv ya:))
Post a Comment