My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Mar 30, 2008

All IN A DAYS WORK

Waking up to the wiggly movements of my sweet Havie Raye, I rolled over to see that Steve was not in bed next to me. The thought first ran through my mind that it was only 7:00, is he already up on his only day to sleep in? I was sure that he must have just gotten up to get something to eat, or that maybe he was downstairs playing Xbox. After snuggling a bit longer with the baby I decided to see where hewas and what was worth him getting out of bed so early. Seeing that he wasn't at the bar eating his usual bowl of cereal, or downstairs playing games, I checked the garage. No sign of Steve, however his car was still here so he couldn't be far. I checked the rest of the rooms in the house, still no Steve. I began to worry, where had my husband gone. During the morning ritual of opening the blinds, I caught a glimpse of the hard working man I married. He was out in the front yard digging a new line for the sprinkling system. Certainly not my idea of fun on a Saturday morning. Steve is such a diligent man. He always manages to get all the things done that he needs to, in the few hours each day that he is here. Thank You Steve for all of the many things you do on our behalf. We not only feel your love, but you are great at showing it! I love you!

1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

I can attest to what a great, hard-working man Steve is just by guaging how often he's had to borrow our sledge hammer. :-) I'm glad Kendall found one on the highway years ago so we could be of some use.

You have a beautiful family!