Silly as it may seem, I am scared of yeast! I love the smell of fresh baked bread, I love the taste of fresh baked bread, but the thought of attempting to make anything with yeast scares me to death! I guess it really comes down to a fear of failure. However, thanks to a friend (Jeanette) who made me think I could conquer the feat, I engaged and arose from the battle victorious. The first product was a batch of dinner rolls for Easter dinner. They were so great I proceeded with a second batch just to test my luck. This week(with my yeast ego flaming) I made cinnabon cinnamon rolls. They were completely devoured! Since all creations were made on a Friday, I am led to believe this is my lucky yeast day! So, on Friday's there will be some new fabulous yeast creation going on in my kitchen (so long as no other events coincide)! Steve is voting for pizza dough next week! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to do something you never thought you could, even if it is as silly as making yeast rise.
Christmas Prep
9 years ago


2 comments:
I'm stalking you.... :)
Isn't that funny how people could be scared of yeast? I have that same fear. I believe I'll try something now that you've had success. The problem here is that you're ultra-creative and successful in that sort of thing already and me.... not so much. I'm going to expand my horizons though.
Your blog is adorable! I love your pictures. If you'd rather me stay away just let me know.
Kelly
Yipeeeeeee! Just thought I'd check to see if you'd added anything else. So glad to find your first post! The rolls were awesome! Both of them- thanks for sharing with me. I haven't baked bread/rolls for so long and I used to all the time. You've inspired me to get back to it. I'm sure my husband and children will thank you for getting me excited about it again. My family prefers homemade bread. I think I'll try the 10/12 grain bread recipe I recently found. Keep up the Friday "yeast" Day - I look forward to being a taste tester :)
Post a Comment