When the Wind Changed, was a favorite book of mine and my brothers as we were growing up. It was read often at our house. For those of you who have not been enlightened by this tale, me give you a brief overview. The boy in the book(Josh) happened to make a scary face at a fierce ball stealing dog. The dog was so scared he ran off and Josh was able to retrieve his ball. He was so impressed with his face making skills that he decided to try them on all sorts of people in his world. He scared a his Mother, Grandmother, Father, the postman, and others. He practiced, practiced, and practiced. One day the wind changed. His face remained stuck just the way it was at that very moment. He wondered if life would ever go back to normal. He walked around town with a handkerchief over his face so he wouldn't scare everyone he encountered. He walked into the bank as it was being held up and the robber was so scared he ran off. Because of this great deed his face went back to its old self. He was so relieved. The ending is hilarious but I won't spoil it for you. My mom bought us a copy of this beloved book for Christmas. She hunted all over for it and ended up finding it in Canada. This is one of those most cherished things that take you right back to being a kid. My mom and dad were over Sunday and we were looking at pictures on my moms camera of my brother and nephew making their "When the Wind Changed faces". We had a good laugh, and decided to take some pics of ourselves. What a blast! I hope you enjoy them. As you will notice, I conveniently left myself out.
Christmas Prep
9 years ago


1 comment:
Too funny! You should join in! I just love those books that take you back. I have several books that when I read them I can still hear the voice of our school librarian reading them with all the voices. I love the walk down memory lane they give me. To feel like a kid again is great!
Post a Comment