My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Jul 9, 2008

DARTH MAUL

When asking Isaac what kind of a cake he wanted for his birthday, he replied, "Star Wars!" "Oh Boy", I thought. I began looking online to get a clever idea. I found a lightsaber cake that looked easy enough. Well, easy always turns into something more at our house. Isaac's favorite Star Wars character is Darth Maul(go figure), so I thought we could simply make the light saber into a Darth Maul lightsaber(for those of you who are not up on Star Wars, it is basically a double ended light saber). This process also involved making twice the cake, frosting, and time. I made the cakes (all four)a couple days ahead and froze them for easy frosting. I started icing the cake the day before his Birthday, good thing, it took 4 hours. Into the second hour I kept thinking if I had just made a light saber I would be done by now. However, the response from Isaac was worth all the effort. When he saw it, a big"WOW" came out of his mouth! Isaac doesn't usually get too excited over much. So, the cake filled up our entire bar for 2 days as we ate from it. Isaac didn't like the taste of the cake, he only had one bite. It made him happy, so I was happy! It's all part of being a mom, I guess.

1 comment:

em said...

That cake is awesome! You deserve high praise for taking on such a big project(but you do love a project). Thanks for the cookies they were delicious. Sarah swiped one, she just had to taste them-red is her favorite color so she couldn't resist. Thanks again, I think I do need your recipe.