This past week was particularly busy for everyone in our house! Steve worked 70 hours this week. The girls had numerous events and assignments. Our family had a number of appointments. I had made commitments for callings, as well as 2 birthdays to prepare for. I would have many late night and early mornings. I didn't even want to imagine how the boys would respond to all the stimulation! We even would manage to throw in a much wanted session of family pictures. Needless to say I have been looking forward to Sunday evening when most things would come to a close. As all was unfolding, I felt I had been traumatized somewhat, of the busy nature of it all. Looking in reverse now I feel empowered by conquering the feat that seemed impossible . I literally had the whole week perfectly timed out, and it all had to fall into place just so. I realized how crazy life had been, when I sat down in the hygiene chair at the dentist office and said, "Please, please, please, take all the time you need! This will be the most justified resting time this week!" As she worked away I nearly drifted off to sleep. Her voice was so soothing and she worked so gently. It was actually very, very, very enjoyable. And then, it was over! As I am calendering out this week, it is also very busy. But not so bad. I feel grateful to know that If I got through last week with all still intact, that I can breeze through this week, no problem!
Christmas Prep
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment