My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Jan 23, 2009

New Car?

Yah, I got a new car. At least in my dream last night. I walked onto a car lot and told the salesman I wanted that one. It was a candy red BMW. I didn't look under the hood or even ask about the mileage. I just asked for a loan, got it, and drove off. As I headed for home I sat stopped at a light. I started feeling guilty about my indulgence. I looked over the gorgeous interior and immediately felt better. By the time I reached the next stop light I started worrying about what Steve would think. I kept telling myself that he would think it was well deserved. By the next light my car had transformed into a BMW double seater bike(yah, they don't even make those, obviously). By the time I reached home the bike had completely fallen apart and we were left with nothing but the loan. Steve wasn't too happy, just as I had predicted. I haven't gone on a good shopping trip in a long while. I guess I better cure the urge soon, or I really could end up with a new car.

2 comments:

brunger bunch said...

Please, please take me along..I haven't either, and I feeling a unmistakable void..I would like to have the void in my wallet instead:) not really, but its so fun to shop!!!

em said...

That is so awesome! Buyers remorse while you sleep:). I'm sick of it too, I want a shopping day.