My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Dec 3, 2009

When You Least Expect It

For months now, one single CD has managed to play repeatedly in my car and my laptop. I skipped town a couple months ago and met up with Steve in Sun Valley for a weekend of just being together, no distractions. On my way out I went into Deseret book and looked over the couple of CD's I had had my eye on for a while. I walked out the door with Hilary Weeks-If I Only Had Today. No regrets with that one. I listened to it for the 5 hour trip up, the 5 hour trip back, and have never really listened to much else since. Needless to say I have nearly every song memorized and could repeat them as well as Scripture Mastery or the Articles Of Faith. Some events have unfolded with in our family over the recent months that have made me literally cling to the messages in her songs. Track #5-When You Least Expect It, is usually the first I listen to when I pop that CD in. Yesterday the lyrics of this song quite literally unfolded right before my eyes. For months I have been wallowing in worries. Wondering why me, why us, and what is to be learned. It has been an inner struggle that I wondered if I would ever resolve. Then in the heart of my daily routine, I stepped out of the little box I've been keeping my soul in and ventured to ask a question. It was a silly little question to someone I pass change to daily across the counter, but really don't even know personally. The response I was given was short, simple, and made me feel like I had just been kicked in the gut. What surpised me the most was that it was given with a smile and a positive attitude. I always notice that this someone seems to work harder than any one there. This someone is always cheerful, funny, and giving. This someone has lifted my spirits on many days. This someone has a DO IT kind of attitude. However, this someone is also very ill. This someone would have never just told you they were. This someone receives extensive treatment. This someone is young. This someone is away from their family. This someone works diligently every day to keep the insurance that won't really even touch the surface of the expense. This someone won't accept a handout because they want to be the kind of person who gives one. This someone doesn't have the Gospel. This someone might not live. This someone seems to have accepted that. Right there, right then, I was humbled to a place within me that I had never been before. I had numerous thoughts run through me. The first being how grateful for my small trials, though they feel so large to me. The second, that my Savior loves me and knows me. The third being that if this someone who doesn't allow Christ to walk beside them can endure this trial, then why for a split second would I, who requires that Christ carry me, think my journey to be so hard. How gracious our Heavenly Father is to allow us to learn something from the trials of others, instead of requiring us to live through all of them. Today I feel humble, grateful, and ready to be a servant to my Savior. Enjoy these lyrics, then GO GET THE CD! You can check Hilary out here

It's been raining for days with no sign of it letting up
And all I can think about is how much I miss the sun
The sound is almost hypnotizing, pounding on the pavement
And drop by drop I forget how good the sun feels on my face

Then through the shadows
Beyond the clouds
A ray of light hits my window
I can't believe it
But I can see it
Right in front of my eyes

And that's when it happens
When you least expect it
When it feels like the storm will never end
That's when it happens
Light cuts through the darkness
And Heaven surprises you
When you least expect it

I quit counting the hours I've prayed for answers
But I can't help but wondering how long will I have to wait
And why is Heaven silent while I'm running out of words
I keep on knocking but nobody hears me standing at the door

Then through the shadows
Beyond the doubt
Heaven sends the answer
I can't believe it
But I can feel it
Deep inside of my heart

And that's when it happens
When you least expect it
And you know God has heard every prayer
That's when it happens
Love breaks through the darkness
And Heaven surprises you
When you least expect it

I can't believe it
But I can feel it
Deep inside of my heart

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Hilary has healed my soul many times. I first fell in love with her because of her cd called "I Will Not Forget." I've given it as a gift several times. She's an amazing lady!! I'm glad her cd has helped you so much. You have a wonderful perspective and I enjoyed reading it today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. That song is an absolute favorite of mine also. I am as certain as you that He is keenly aware and concerned about each of our circumstances. The ones others know of and the ones we keep buried inside. When we realize this then exert what effort we can (to serve Him, as you have, miracles happen. I love you tons!

The Brown Family said...

I LOVE you!

Kim

em said...

Thanks You. You are awesome. Love ya!