Our family started a conference weekend tradition quite a few years back. I don't even remember how or why we started it, but I am so glad we did. We get together at my moms house after the first Sunday session for what we call a mexi-feast. My mom puts a whole spread of our favorite mexican foods. We have chips and salsa, taquitos, spanish rice, cucumber relish, and all the other fixings that go along with it. This year my mom bought a box of churros from the snack bar at COSTCO, I think that was my favorite part! My brother has always been designated as official taquito fryer, and I am usally asked to test taste the homemade guacamole(I love my job!). After we fill ourselves we resort downstairs to watch the afternoon session. My mom always has a big bowl of candy that we once again pig out on. Yes, alot of food and family fun. We carry this tradition out every six months. My brother has sinced moved to Massachusettes with his wife and son, so our crowd is a little smaller. My mom now is official taquito fryer, but we always comment about how perfectly Tommy always cooked them. We miss having them to share this tradition with. They are now carrying the tradition on where they are living. I guess the reason we make and keep traditions is so we can always recall the feeling of how we all felt when we were together. Do you have any traditions?
Christmas Prep
9 years ago


2 comments:
That sounds like a GREAT tradition. I think anything that invovles pigging out is a good tradition. Haha. Probably why I haven't lost my baby weight eh? :)
ash
Homemade guacamole is one of our favorite things! We need a conference tradition. The only tradition around here come conference time is John napping on the couch during one of the sessions. Did I just type that out loud? (hee, hee) It's an involuntary thing and not designated to any specific session. I guess that is what happens when you're used to working so hard everyday. The minute you have to stay in one place for too long you just crash.
Post a Comment