However cheesey and sentimental this may sound, I have to share the scene outside our window Tuesday morning. While on the couch drinking my "wake me up Diet Coke", I noticed a bird beginning the start of a nest in our tree. It was quite amazing to see the beautiful wonders of nature happening right outside our door. Piece by piece she gathered sticks. She would fly to the nest and ruffle her feathers, making sure it would be the perfect, and most safest fit for her awaiting offspring. She worked steadily for about 2 hours. We then left for school, but the nest looked close to done. The boys were very excited to have, "their own bird, in their own yard!" She is a pretty little bird, and lovely to look at. Later on in the day the winds howled up. We had ourselves quite a little storm. Later that night I noticed the nest was gone. My heart just sank as I thought about how hard she had worked, for it to so simply be destroyed. There has been many times in my life where I see this same concept apply. I feel like I try and try, and wonder if it is all for nothing. I expressed my concern to Steve for the mother bird, and he assured me that she would be back. I wondered if she would have the persistence and dedication to try again! Surely, she would do anything for her children. I wondered if she would once agin trust the spot that she had thought so perfect to hold her treasure. The next morning, I got out of bed and headed straight for the window with much anticipation. I was exstatic and relieved to see her at work again on her nest. She worked the whole morning and rebuilt that nest, just as well as she did the day before! As simple of a thing as this display was, it meant great meaning and inspiration for me in my life. We must have the desire and determimation to work for all the things that are so important in our lives. We must never give up at all costs, even when we feel kicked down and defeated. And most importantly, remeber that we all have something great to live for.
Christmas Prep
9 years ago


5 comments:
Another nature lover! I'm so glad. We just replaced our hummingbird and regular bird feeder. I have missed watching them from my kitchen window. After your sweet story and picture I just hope Snowball stays out of the tree.
Oh, and I just noticed your new picture. It turned out really cute!
Thankyou, you are so sweet to me! I got on and saw my old pic and I realized how yucky I was feeling with my long hair(no offense to anyone). I feel much more alive and vibrant now, I am so glad I chopped it! Oh, and yes, I also had thought about Snowball climbing the tree. I guess we'll just let nature take it's course!
No offense huh? Sheesh! How many days ago did you tell me I could wait until I was 38 before I cut my yucky hair? I believe it was just a few! You told me you'd let me know when it was time but I didn't realize you'd be so passive-aggressive about it. ;) I'm on my way to the beauty shop!
Not!!
Your hair is darling! I love it!!
Post a Comment