My Somewhere
We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.
Yes, it's true. I can hardly believe it! Haven is six months old on Today(May 15). So funny how when she was in my belly, each day seemed like an eternity. Now that she is here the days just fly by, along with all the moments I hope to hold on to and treasure forever. The song playing on her slide show is one I fell in love with, thanks to Ashley. I listened to it non-stop the few days before I had her. Every time I hear it, I am flooded with emotion. Haven came into this world with a personality all her own. She isn't going to let her place in sibling order mean that she would ever settle for last. Yes, she is mostly first when it comes to everything. I love to dote on her, no matter how tired I am because of her no nap policy. Her smile is so contagious and keeps me going when I want to just sit down and crash. Haven is doing many exciting things. As much as we don't want her to grow up, it is fun to see her learning. She will roll all over the floor, if and when she is ever put down. She is almost sitting up on her own. She loves to gab at anyone who gives her the time of day. She is eating rice cereal and squash. We tried the sweet potatoes first and she hated them. I kept pursuing for a week or so(all the others loved sweet potatoes)but all attempts failed. Steve is so proud and says she is Daddy's girl(he hates sweet potatoes).She will drink and chew from her sippy cup. She loves a biter cookie, and actually isnt that messy of an eater. She still has some reflex, but it is decreasing which makes all of us happy. Especially the girls, every time she spits they say "EEEWWWW, I am never having kids!" Isaac is her favorite person(besides me). She is always looking around for him, and beams as soon as she sees him. She has a favorite pink blankey and nuzzles her head in our chest when we say "OOOHHH". She loves her exersaucer and stroller rides(we have doing quite a bit of that lately). Bath time is her most favorite time, and she still loves getting dressed and undressed. She weighs 14 1/2 pounds, and still seems very small. Her eyes are very blue and sparkly. As for her hair, she seems to have a lot less than she did when she was born. She has a big blonde spot in her hair like McKilee. The rest is very light with a strawberry tint. Her eyebrows are peachy looking. I can only hope for a red head! As for our family, I think we are adjusting pretty well to our new little one. We all love her so much and never could have imagined our life without her. McKilee gave me a hard time when I was pregnant because our house is so crazy all the time. Now Kilee on occasion says,"why wouldn't anyone ever want one of these?" Haven is fitting into life around here, or more like we are just catering to her, but it works. I feel pretty good, I am functioning on pure adrenaline. I am so excited to say that as of today I am at my pre-baby weight. I wanted to loose it all before she was six months old(talk about it coming down to the wire). That task has been accomplished and I am so excited about it! I never thought I would see my old body again(although it still needs plenty of work!). I feel so loved by a Heavenly Father who has blessed me with such a sweet and individual spirit. I feel so grateful that he would entrust me with his beloved daughter.
1 comment:
She's so adorable. I can't believe she is so old now. I could swear you JUST had her! I love her cute happy smile and how alert she is. What a DARLING slide show! She's definitely a little sweetie.
Your post made me think back to when Cannon was 6 months. I know it was just a few months ago, but it's so amazing how far he's come even since then. The pictures I took of him at 6 months are still my very favorite to this day. The post is:
http://hvnonearth.blogspot.com/2007/12/6-months.html
Just in case you want to see him. :)
Post a Comment