My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

May 20, 2008

TUGGING AT MY HEART STRINGS

My boys are boys, through and through. Lucas has been filling his pockets with any kind of bug he can find and bringing them home to me. Tonight he was playing with one on the bar during dinner. Isaac has been riding Steve's little motorcycle and even sustaining some injuries from it, like it was no big deal. However, I wanted to share some pics of some tender moments that have taken place this week. These reasssure me, that one day they will make great Daddy's and Husbands.


These blue eyes are used for getting most of what he wants!


I came to pick the baby up from her nap and Lucas was in her room reading her a book. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever witnessed.



He continued reading for a couple of minutes. He didn't know he was being watched. I love those rare moments.



Isaac had his first grade program this week. Apparently he had told Lucas that he was dancing with a girl. Lucas had been teasing him about it and I didn't understand what he was talking about. Isaac hadn't mentioned anything. During dinner Lucas began teasing Isaac. I asked Isaac if he was dancing with a girl in the program. He said yes, and starred down at his plate. I asked who it was. He said it was Megan, and she has glasses. I acted very enthusiastic and supportive about it. I could tell he was so embarrassed. So this was the highlight of my week, to see Isaac do something that pushed his limits(yes, dancing with a girl was pushing his limits!). He did a super job, as you will see in the clip. He was such a gentleman. He had his retainer in, so singing was a little bit difficult for him. Also, he must havce been slobberibg because he kept wiping his mouth(I'm sure he was just nervous). He kept looking down at me, maybe for my approval. Anyway, it was so cute! I loved watching every minute of it.

2 comments:

Tony and Erica said...

That is so sweet, I love the picture of Lucas reading to Haven. Anthony loves me pulling up your blog, He loves to see Lucas, his friends...

em said...

Isaac dancing. That is the cutest thing ever!