I was aching for some sort of day trip, so I scheduled a few over the fall break. Today I am sharing about our trip to "my" Grandmas house. My kids know her as "Grandma Patsy". She is my Dad's mother. She is whole half a head shorter than I and has gorgeous red hair. Growing up brought many trips to her house. It was always filled to the brim with cousins, good food, and love. It was one of my favorite places to be. Grandma always let us have whatever we wanted. I remember her always letting my Cousins and I make Top Ramen. She kept it on the "lazy Susan", and we would eat bowls and bowls of it. Her closet was always available for us to rumage through the many high heel shoes we loved to tromp around in. Grandma always had a candy dish near the T.V., it was always full of something yummy. Grandpa always played with us, and let us work by his side. My favorite was the cherry tree that we would climb up and play house. We each had our own branches that were our own "wing" of sorts! Many of my fondest memories took place at Grandma's house. As time has gone on, and we have grown, it is inevitable that Grandma and Grandpa have grown to. They moved into their own place at my Uncle's house. They are closer to more family now, which allows for more visitors and help. I hadn't seen their new place yet, so I longed to know where I could find Grandma if I needed her, (and her food, love, and my cousins). I arrived at Grandma's and was enveloped by her and Grandpa with hugs and loves. She showed me her new place, it is beautiful. All of the familiar items from Grandma's made the journey to this new home. It was still "Grandma's house". She had a bowl of her yummy popcorn treats waiting for us, along with homemade soup an rolls. I was able to see my aunt and little cousin, and enjoyed their company while Grandpa played with the kids. Most of my cousins all live near by her, so Grandma arranged a "Parade of Homes" type of tour for me during our visit. It was fabulous to see everyone. My aunt just purchased a home in Elkridge. She moved here from California, as this is where they plan to retire. I especially loved the trip to her house. I was greeted there by one of my favorite cousins who I haven't seen in over 9 years. She is lives in Washington and just happened to be visiting this weekend(I love how all the pieces fell into place). It was such a great day, one that I will not soon forget. It is so good to know that wherever Grandma may go, what makes her "Grandma", will always go with her.
As soon as I spotted the quaky leaves on the grass in my Aunt's backyard, I just had to plop Haven down for some photos. I have no pictures of Isaac because he was off gathering acorns.
This is my Aunt Rose, shaking her crabapple tree. Each morning she gives it a good shake, dropping the apples to the ground. She fills the bucket with water and then sits back and watches. The deer will frequent her yard to feed on it throughout the day.
Indiana Jones, I mean Lucas, had to give it a good shake to.


No comments:
Post a Comment