My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Oct 6, 2008

HAVIE HAVIE HAVIE RAYE!

Haven seems to be growing so quickly, she obviously wants to keep up with her siblings. The kids are at school much of the day, so Sandi(our doggie) has become her good friend. Amongst many toys scattered throughout the house, there is always a ball to be found. Haven loves to throw it for Sandi. Sandi will retrieve it, chew for a minute, and bring it back to Haven for more. Here is a little clip of their game recorded this weekend.

Haven has been so close to walking for a while now. This weekend she finally ventured on her own. It was so cute to see all 17 pounds of her, supported by her two little feet, going the distance between Mom and Dad. The highest count so far was 8 steps before reaching Dad. Before bedtime she was standing up to Lucas and saw Dad. She let go on her own and made the 3 steps it took to arrive safely in his arms. The time has gone so fast! It is sad to look back and remember her so little, but it is so exciting to see all the fun things she is learning. The other day while I was blogging Haven crept away from me. After checking my email I thought I better go see where she was off to. I found her at the top of the stairs reaching for a grasp on the safety gate. I couldn't believe she made it up all 12 stairs, without falling down, in a matter of only a few minutes. Of course, I felt like the most neglectful mother(it really was only a minute or two)! I guess my next purchase needs to be a gate for the bottom of the stairs. Oh, the things we do for love!!!

No comments: