My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Mar 26, 2009

After The After Parties

Today was (through the eyes of my girls) the most important day of their lives. Today was(for me) one of those days that as parents, we live for. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited for today! McKilee and Kieyera have worked their little tooshies off for months now, for this one day. I felt I had the job of being two places at once. Today was opening night for Seussical the musical, which Kieyera plays in the ensemble. Tonight was also drill try outs for McKilee. How was it possible for me to be in two places at once? This would take nothing short of a miracle!
Kieyera has had a blast preparing for the musical. She has poured her whole heart and soul into it. She has a couple costume changes and gets to sing her little heart out. It seems like she has spent more time at the school practicing, than at home. She has made some really great friends along the way. She was AWESOME tonight! She was so happy and energetic in all her parts. I could tell she was having so much fun, which really is what it is all about. She made me so proud!

I was able to catch Kieyera before roll call-she was all smiles!

I'm not sure I am crazy about how comfy Kieyera looks amidst these good lookin' guys!


Grandma and Grandpa came to cheer her on

The Hills are among her biggest supporters. Thanks for considering her one of your own.
Thank You Keni, for being here on her big night!
You're such a great friend!

"Come on Kieyera, Where's the food!"



Kieyera and her playmates



One McDonald's trip down, 5 more to go.

McKilee made Dance Co. tryouts a couple weeks ago, and has also decided to do drill. She has put many, many hours into this audition. Drill was what she wanted most, and she got it! She was so happy! As her group was next in line to audition I heard McKilee say, "I forgot to say a prayer." She huddled with the the four girls standing near her and prayed, right there in front of everyone. It was so amazing to see these girls acknowledge that they needed their Heavenly Fathers help. They knew he was there to listen, and they weren't the slightest bit worried about what anyone else thought. What comfort that gave me to see my daughter share what she believed, without a wavering thought. They blindfolded all the girls who made it and whisked them off to the after party. McKilee is in heaven, actually, she's in bed sleeping like an angel. She better get all the sleep she can, because practices start next week, and with dance and drill she will be busy, busy, busy!

YEAH! She made it!!!!



McKilee and her good pal Kilee. They have been in this together since day one.
They both made it! I am so happy!
It's all about the carpooling!



Alyssa came for support, just like a good friend should. Thanks Alyssa, for always being there!
Everything played out beautifully tonight. It couldn't have been orchestrated more perfectly. I was in both places, exactly when I was needed. I didn't miss one thing! It was incredible! I knew that my Heavenly Father knew what I needed to do, and where I needed to be for my children. He provided the course for me to do it. For that, I am eternally grateful.

6 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

I'm so proud of both of your girls. They're talented and spiritual and considerate.... I love them so much!

As for Kieyera, well, she's our second daughter and has been since Kindergarten. Her joys are our joys as well. She did such a wonderful job last night and I was thrilled to be able to watch her on opening night. She seemed so comfortable up there, like that's where she belonged. We wouldn't have missed it for the world, and even if we wanted to Keni wouldn't have allowed it. She was so excited for her. We all were. She's worked so hard and it really paid off.

Way to go, girls!! We love you.....

Tony and Erica said...

I would love to go see Kieyera.. I love plays. I always went to my high school ones. is it still playing?

Steph said...

Congrats girls for a GREAT night!

Yay Kilee! I'm so excited for you again!

ashley said...

How fun for both of your girls!! We are going to the play on Saturday and I can't wait, it's one of my favorites. I'll be sure to clap extra loud for Kieyera!

I was on the phone with Jarom and he saw Kilee blindfolded in the parking lot. He told me she either made drill or was being kidnapped by choreographers. I screamed, I was so stinkin' happy for her!!

brunger bunch said...

I am so happy for both of them!! You have got to be the most proud mon right now!! Two good girls, who are talented, and very, very happy right now...girls are not always happy right?? or is it just mine???

DIAZ BLOG said...

congrat McKilee! I am proud of you!