My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Jun 17, 2008

TODAY, WE PLAYED

The kids and I decided to head up to have lunch with Steve at work today. I though we might as well take advantage of being in the Salt Lake area and head to the Gateway. We went to the planetarium , and then played in the water fountains. It was a much needed day away with the boys. Sometimes it feels like so much to just get out of the house and mess up the routine. I find myself not doing the things I would like because of this. Today I just decided to act on it and am so glad I did. We were in no hurry, we just played and played.


These 2 pictures were from 3 years ago when we took this same outing. This picture of the girls is one of my very favorites. I had to post this one of Lucas. If you hadn't noticed his tongue is usually always hanging out!

2 comments:

em said...

How fun! I am starting to learn that there is a reason we have those thoughts, but sometimes it takes so much effort to put everything else aside to act on them. That's awesome that you did and it paid off.

Anonymous said...

Your girls have grown up so much...hard to believe. My kids love playing in the fountain. We go every summer with their cousin that lives in SLC. I missed it last year because Kassidy was only a week old and I was grabbing every bit of sleeping time available.