My Somewhere

We all have to start somewhere, and this is mine. How absolutely amazing to create and share all of the memories, happenings and celebrations that take place within our circle. Our family is enveloped of many things. Dad works insane hours to support a family of seven with almost no complaints. Mom plays the role of the ultimate multi-task manager. Our two teenage girls perceive every event in life as some sort of trauma. The two little men in our house are capable of imagining and carrying out almost any kind of mischevious adventure. And our new wee little one has managed, for a while, to turn our house completely upside down! But through all the constant craziness, we are somehow still able to pull together, support one another, and love eachother through anything that's thrown our way. This is what love for seven is all about.

Mar 2, 2009

Lucas' big day!


"I hear them coming!" My family wakes us with surprises on our birthday



"I knew it!" A whole pile of presents! All I really want is a whip, a hat, and a Reese's bar.



"My hat!"


"My Reese's!"



"Havie, give me my hat!"


"Havie, give me my Reese's!"



"I'll get you with my whip!"



Dad made me a mountain to climp up,
and a slide to slide down



The whole house was decorated like a jungle.
Mom really wanted me to feel like "Indi " for the day


I choose my favorite breakfast.
Little Smokies and Magic Waffles!
I ate so much!



Mom finished decorating my cake while I was at school.
I designed it all by myself.


I went swimming with Dad for the afternoon.
Then, it was party time!
I couldn't wait for my friends to come.
Mom even let us color on the wall!
Relax, it had paper on it!



Me and all my good buddies!



"OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!" Indiana Legos. "I secretly wanted these but mom had said no!"
"I love parties!"


Blowing out 5 candles is a lot harder than 4


My Grandma's and Grandpa's came over, and brought me more presents.
Then I filled up on pizza and more cake



You can imagine how tired I must have been.
So, back into my PJ's, but not without my hat.
"Good Night!"

7 comments:

brunger bunch said...

You are such a good and fun mom!! That party looked amazing, from the cake to the decorations...but then again, does that surprise me? No, you are so talented! I realized I still haven't seen your house since you knocked out walls and everything..you told me about it, but I haven't made it out. Lunch for sure soon, when I bring the gift you won on my blog!! I could stop somewhere and get us lunch and bring it out..sound ok?!

Anonymous said...

The house and cake was great! I'm sure this will be a birthday that Lucas remembers for a lifetime. Of course that is my son...the lone goofball in the party picture. He can't just smile like the rest of them, he has to be a joker. Oh well...he's always been that way and I love him for it.

love for seven said...

Candice...You are so sweet! You are spoiling me rotten! I would love for you to come out...but I know it's along drive. We said in January that we would do lunch in Feb, and here it is March. We really need to get together. You give me a date and I am sure it will work. And, no hurry to get a gift done, let's just get together ALREADY!

ashley said...

That is the coolest birthday I've ever seen! You really know how to make a kids day! Happy Birthday Lucas! I love how he even got to climb a mountain. So cool!

love for seven said...

Jenny...We love that boy too! He has been such a good buddy to Lucas. We love him being an extended part of the fam! Thanks for letting us enjoy him. I'ts been so fun to see him come out of his shell a little with me. He's such a happy kid. He makes me smile, always!

Tony and Erica said...

That was the coolest party! you went all out and it was talked about for days! you are a GREAT mom, your kids are so lucky to have you.

Kevin & Mari said...

Mandi, you are amazing. What a great post!

Happy (belated) Bday Lucas!